Saturday, July 02, 2005

I love you

You know that, A & G, I love you. I am sorry I scream at you guys so much. Please forgive me. I sometimes forget to enjoy our time together. There's a song.. "I Hope You Dance". If you have a chance to sit it out or dance.. I hope you dance. Experience it. Because sometimes.. that moment is all you have. M Aunty told me about a coworker who is a Grandma and she believes in giving her grandkids experiences not toys. And I think as a parent.. that is a very important job we have to do. Let your child experience as much as possible. Don't let them sit it out.. To their Daddy's horror, both our girls DANCE.. And DANCE.. AND DANCE. So too does their Mom. And Daddy does it because we love it so much. He's really quite amazing.

We went to R Aunty's wedding. It was so much fun and so relaxing. G's ears have been pierced. And her one earring was lost. So I tried to poke her ear. She was screaming till I used a non piercing earring and then all was well. Both ears had earrings. She looks beautiful with them.. not that she did not without them. A is reading.. though a bit lazy at times. Ever the cuckoo mom, I signed her up for two bookclubs. She won't win the prize.. but she'll do a lot of reading. Experience. A is not trying hard enough at things. She quits as soon as she comes across something that is difficult. It scares me a little. I need to find ways to keep her from saying that dreaded word.. CAN'T. I lose it when she says that. She can do so much.. easily.. that is the problem. Its different when you have to work hard and truly practice and get something. That word practice she wants stricken from her vocabulary. But this is something that is important. Her world is about to awaken. As she starts truly reading chapter books.. she will have no limits to where her mind can go.

G is very much like her dad and me. She looks at books and enjoys them. She will be a reader because she's already hooked. Though I am lax in reading to her at times. I have to become more on a schedule with her. Its important for her basic education that she be read to. And what's more it is quiet and fun time for me and her.

I'm going to try working on a novel. Lets see.

1 comment:

Renny said...

I will call them by some other name. Such as sweetie :-)
I also named my kids with different letters.

if I die tomorrow.. the kids have something of me.. sorry to sound so fatalistic.. but life is short.