Sunday, December 21, 2008

Back up a little bit

I was tidying up my desk... (Not a usual occurrence), I noticed a baby book that I had started for my littlest baby C. I became extremely emotional because I noticed that he was doing things "normally". He was smiling and eating at a normal rate. He weighed 13 lbs. He was so big. And now.. he's not. I know.. a little bit at a time. His skin looks good now. He is so much more pleasant than what he used to be. But unfortunately, I sometimes see what he should have been. And that is wrong. I am so happy with how he is now and yet.. I guess I want him to be normal. I wish I did not have to be concerned about other kids putting allergens on him. I wish that I did not have to watch him like a hawk.. to make sure that his exposure to dust and other external allergies is minimal. His cousin touched him after eating something that had wheat flour and his eyes became swollen, red and watery. Yesterday, his aunt just held him.. and he had the same reaction. And now its auto pilot for us.. wash him.. antihistamine and sleep. Sleep is the best medicine for his full blown reactions. Our social life is null. I guess the people who are real friends.. will understand. But it is so difficult for family to understand.. how can I expect friends? No one has a kid this severe in our midst. People act like I'm over reacting. But my vigilance is the reason that it is so controlled. I vacuum after ever meal. I check the floors. I check under the table. We also minimize severe allergen exposure to C. No peanuts are eaten near him.
My diet is still the same.. not eating wheat, soy, milk, eggs, rice, corn, banana, strawberry, citrus fruits.. etc.. Nothing that will cause excessive heat (pita diet, ayurveda) His head is very controlled. in terms of weeping. Yesterday he was weeping. But today it is dry. There was a time..where his whole head was wet. His skin is beautiful.. A few red spots.. but over all smooth.. no rash... Thank you lord! Your grace knows no bounds.

No comments: