So.. I was trying to get my hubby bread. Have you ever read the ingredients of any of the breads you buy? My hubs is allergic to corn.. Almost all of the famous brands have corn syrup. I did find one or two, but then it might not be whole grain. The preservatives are going to be the death sentence of our species.
My husband and I make bread for C, who is very allergic to most grains. Barley, Millett, xantham gum, baking powder, sugar, salt, and water. Why are there so many ingredients in other breads? The preservatives. We are passing this on to our kids.
I think we need to go back to less process foods, and more time making our own food. Because of C's crazy allergies, we have gone back to basics. My doctor was surprised. But I cook my own food. I do not have a diet of citric acid, high fructose corn syrup or enriched wheat or rice. The most unhealthy things I eat are sugar, beef, and canola oil.
The preservatives and antibiotics are in our food and getting transferred to our kids. Organic should not be more expensive. Organic should be the way it is. The antibiotic and preservative food should be more expensive. The price we pay now for the non organic food may be cheaper, but the medical bills for our kids will be through the roof. And the effect of that may be the end of our species. Who needs terrorism or natural disaster when we are slowly poisoning ourselves?
No comments:
Post a Comment