Friday, July 15, 2011

One person can make a difference

Yesterday we went and saw Harry Potter 7 Part 1 at 9 pm followed by the premiere of HP 7 Part 2.  It was so exciting.  

Can one person make a difference?

I definitely think so.  Harry and Jesus are very similar at times.  So humble.  So willing to sacrifice all for everyone and expecting nothing from anyone.  

I cried when Harry watched Snape's memory.  

Doing the right thing.  Why is that not the norm?  Its easier to do the wrong thing.  Maybe that is partly the reason many people go that route.  

My kids all have a strong sense of justice.  Unfortunately, this world is not made of people just like them.

I worry about their future.  I worry about the future of all us.  If there will be one.  

Power, money, beauty:  all characteristics people strive to have.

How about humanity?  How about compassion?  Generosity?  Ahh, those things cannot pay the bills.  But they will  help you sleep at night.  

A world where there was no money and we all bartered.  Where we worked together to improve our lives.  A place where we think about our future and learn from our past.  A dream world maybe.  Maybe the afterlife.  

We should seriously tap into the rest of our brain.

No comments: