Of my four kids, my third has always seemed the most reserved. But lately, he has had an explosion of ideas and words that have to constantly brim out of his mouth. It is amazing except when I am trying to get my work done.
He asked me, "Why did God make tornadoes?"
Ummm.. I really don't know. Its an amazing aspect of nature aside from the devastation it causes. He asked if God was angry. Looking around at the world, I could see how he could definitely be angry. Its so beautiful except for everything that human hands touch. G is studying about parasites and I was thinking that we are very much like parasites to the land, our host. But we are heading to a dangerous place, we are killing our host. We cannot survive without our host.
When I was sixteen years old, I went to a beautiful chain of islands, the Galapagos Islands. There was a motto.. Take only pictures.. leave only footprints. If only we could do just that with everything.
No comments:
Post a Comment